For the actual salad part. There aren’t specific measurements for the salad ingredients…it’s all pretty much to your taste; this recipe is meant to feed lots of people though so don’t go making yourself a small bowl of salad and make the entire dressing recipe (unless of course you want to save the leftover dressing).
- sliced green cabbage
- sliced red cabbage
- julienned carrots (or you can replace these first three ingredients with a pre bagged coleslaw, no dressing of course)
- radishes (which I thinly sliced) only a handful
- precut jicama sticks (which I then diced down further)
- 5-6 green onions thinly chop the white portion
I did do the dressing according to the Real Food Daily cookbook :
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used a little less than 1/4 cup of raw sugar instead)
- 3 T water
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
I placed all the ingredients except for cilantro into my vitamin and processed until creamy. Then add the cilantro and blend. That’s it!!!
Tossed the dressing on the salad, added some sesame seeds and voila!